When our depravity meets His divinity, it is a beautiful collision.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What I've learned in my 22 years... (In no particular order)

1. Time never passes as quickly as I'd like. That is, unless I'm having fun. Then time flies. 

2. Never assume that you know exactly what it's like until you dive in and experience it for yourself. My biggest problem with accepting the military was because of this. I thought I knew all about it, when I really had no idea. 

3. I don't enjoy labels. I'm not a republican or a democrat. I just believe what I believe and know my position on certain topics. Same goes for religion. I don't enjoy denominations, I just know that I love Jesus and that he saved me. 

4. I am much happier when I don't worry about what others think of me.

5. Everyone will let you down at some point. It's ok. 

6. Life is about trial and error. If I mess it up, I can fix it. If I can't fix it, I can learn to live with it. 

7. Babies and puppies. It's where happiness lies. 

8. You absolutely can't help who you're attracted to. Love does not lie in appearance, but the heart. 

9. Having a schedule is wonderful, but spontaneity is better.

10. I do not have to have what everyone else has. It will not make me happy.

11. Never burn bridges. You never know when you'll cross paths with that person again. 

12. Words of affirmation mean the world to me. I always assume that it does the same for everyone else. 

13. I will always have differing opinions with someone. It's not the end of the world and it's ok to tell them that.

14. Friends come and go, but family is always around and ready to love.

15. Being married really is just as wonderful as I always dreamed. 

16. Me and cold medicine...we are not friends. 

17. Writing frees my soul.

18. Every country and every land is beautiful in its own way. Sometimes beauty lies within the unseen. 

19. My sisters have taught me most of what I know.

20. Life is as good or as bad as you make it. It's how I choose to look at every situation that makes all of the difference in the world.

21. Math and Science do not mix well with English, Grammar, or Writing. It's true.

22. My husband loves me more than any other woman in the entire world. I can be confident in this. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this list. It's so awesome. :) I really like the one about burning bridges. :) That is really true.
    And Life is as good or bad as you make it. couldn't have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Header image by Vladstudio