When our depravity meets His divinity, it is a beautiful collision.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Things that you may or may not already know about me

1. I love candy. Chocolate is good, but it's not what I consider candy. I'm talking about the gets stuck in your teeth, sugary-goodness kind. Airheads, Laffy Taffy, Now and Laters, Skittles, Starbursts...yummmmm!

2. I'm a pretty laid back person. I typically don't get overly excited or extremely depressed. Sometimes it comes off the wrong way and people will think that I'm not excited about something that I should be excited about, but it's not that...I just don't show it well. However, when my husband graduated BMT, I showed excitement like never before. I never thought I'd the the kind of girl to jump up and down, but I did!

3. To go along with the previous one, I have a VERY hard time hiding the emotions on my face. If I'm not happy, I can't hide it. If I think you're an idiot, I will have a really hard time not giving you the, "You're an idiot" face. Just ask my husband. ;)

4. I really like meat so I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian (even though I love veggies, too), however, if I had to choose only one meat to eat for the rest of my life it would be BACON! I really love bacon. It has the ability to enhance any meal.

5. I have a secret obsession with Beyonce and Justin Timberlake. This is really strange for me because I typically like mellow stuff like John Mayer or Jack Johnson. I've suppressed my obsession for a long time and I've never bought their CDs, but when a song comes on the radio I know all of the words and I can't help grooving along with it. 

6. I love to give people gifts. It makes me happy to cheer a friend up, even if the gift was extremely cheap.

7. Cold weather is not my friend.

8. I have 6 siblings and so does my husband. Our children will have tons of aunts, uncles, and cousins and I absolutely LOVE that.

9. If I had all of the money in the world I would travel to every country. I am fascinated by new places and people. 

10. I love airports and airplanes. There is just something about them that makes me feel good. 

11. I'm terrible at keeping up with long distance friends, but only because I hate talking on the phone. This has been a hard adjustment for me with my husband being in Tech School.

12. I don't like groups of people. I would much rather one-on-one friend time over a large group. Less is more in this instance.

13. I really like the color of my hair and I hope I have at least one baby with dark hair. I always thought I'd fall in love with a man who has dark hair, but as I stated in the previous post, you absolutely cannot help who you're attracted to. And my husband is a hunk!

14. I'm not a very motivated person. I have struggled to finish college (in 5 years), but not because I'm not intelligent enough. It's because I'm not motivated enough. 

15. I am not a feminist. I truly do love cooking, cleaning, taking care of babies, loving my husband, crafty things, etc. This doesn't mean that I'm against women in the workplace, I'm simply saying that I love all of my wifely duties and I would be completely content with staying home to raise my babies.

16. I really like movies, but I'm not a movie buff at all. In fact, I can see a movie and if you ask me two months later what it was about, I probably won't remember. The movie has to have a profound impact on me for me to remember it well.

17. I can't sing, but I really wish I could because I love it. Music is my escape. I can't remember what a movie was about, but I can remember most of the lyrics to a song after only hearing it a handful of times.

18. I was never allowed to watch the Simpson's growing up, therefore I hate them now. Ironically, I have gone to the post office twice in the past several months to get stamps and the only kind that they have are the Simpson's. Fabulous. 

19. I care a little too much about what others think of me. I'm always paranoid that someone in my family or my husband's family is mad at me. It's silly, and I know it is, but sometimes the feeling is inescapable.

20. I'm graduating with a degree in journalism in May, but I don't really want to write for a newspaper. I enjoy creative writing much more than news writing, and I really love to edit.

21. Call me an underachiever, but all I've ever really wanted in life was to be married to the man of my dreams and to have babies. I've got the first part taken care of...

22. On our honeymoon, we rented tubes to float down the Guadalupe River. I had an allergic reaction to the tube and the sun burned me to the point of having blisters and purpleish skin (oh, and scabs on the backs of my arms and legs where the tube touched me). We also missed the exit because the owner of the tube place was an idiot so we were out in the sun much longer than we should have been and my husband had to drag me in the tube, plus his tube, plus another tube with an ice chest, back up stream. I cried the whole way back up stream. This was on day 3 of our week long honeymoon. Needless to say, we need a do-over. 

23. I really really really want to go on a cruise.

24. I hate to exercise. It's another one of those things that I have no motivation for. Thankfully, I've never really had to exercise, but I'm afraid that when I have kids it will all be downhill from there.  I'm pretty sure that I'm going to need to find some inner strength and start exercising!

25. I only have a few people that I am really close to, therefore, I am extremely attached to them. I do not easily bare my soul, but these people know me well. My husband knows me best, and my sisters are tied for second. :)
 


3 comments:

  1. I have to say, yes BACON!!!! I love bacon, we had it last night, I could live on bacon. Yum yum yum. I make bacon gravy, and I make little smokies wrapped in bacon, my favorite pizza is bacon pizza with extra bacon! I could go on and on about bacon! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! and it looks like we both have a lot in common! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such an awesome idea for a blog! I may have to take the idea:) I LOVE bacon and I totally don't consider chocolate candy either! I love love love now and laters! Sounds like your honeymoon was quite the experience haha. I hope you guys get a do over minus the sunburn!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Header image by Vladstudio