When our depravity meets His divinity, it is a beautiful collision.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

We'll keep marching on

Some days all you can do is just keep marching on. 

I know this first hand.


Some days getting out of bed is tough.

I do it anyway.


Some days I feel nothing.

I just put one foot in front of the other and keep marching on. 


Love is a funny thing...especially when you love someone you can't be with. I wake up some days with no motivation and no reason to get going, other than making it through the day and onto the next. And the next. And the next. Until April 1, when I'll be with my husband again.

When Chris was in Basic Training I counted down the days. 


Day 1, 55 to go. 

Right, right, right, right, left. Right, right, right, right, left. Right, right, right, right, left. We're marching on. We're marching on.


Day 12, 44 to go.


Right, right, right, right, left. Right, right, right, right, left. Right, right, right, right, left. We're marching on. We're marching on.


Day 45, 11 to go.

Right, right, right, right, left. Right, right, right, right, left. Right, right, right, right, left. We're marching on. We're marching on.

I praise God every day that we made it through those 56 days, but I still find myself putting one foot in front of the other and just making it through the day. 

OneRepublic has a song that I recently found that I absolutely love called "Marching On". 

For this dance we move with each other
There ain't no other step
Than one foot
Right in front of the other

There's so many wars we fought
There's so many things we're not
But with what we have
I promise you that
We're marching on
We're marching on  


We've got 55 days to go until this is over. Some days it feels like we've gone to war. We fight so hard to make it through. Sometimes we struggle to to keep our heads above the water.
This experience has taught us so much. I've found more strength in myself than I ever imagined. When days get tough I'll just keep telling myself to keep marching on...

Right, right, right, right, left. Right, right, right, right, left. Right, right, right, right, left. We're marching on. We're marching on.






2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!!! I feel exactly like this most times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks for the nice comment btw!

    yeah it's just sad it had to get to that point for us to do that lol..

    btw I'm Stephanie! Yeah I don't think we've really been introduced! but i agree I love getting to know more Air Force Wives! So feel free to add me on FB or continue to read away lol!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Header image by Vladstudio