When our depravity meets His divinity, it is a beautiful collision.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Five and a half years behind us and a lifetime to go


Here is a glance back on the last five and a half years with Mr. Hudson in my life. 

                    



 

We met in 2004 at the age of 16 while working at a summer camp. It was love at first sight on his part, not so much on mine. He was persistent, though. He pursued me until I gave in, but it definitely didn't take long for me to realize that he was the love of my life. 

These pictures are from that summer. We were young. We were free. We were loving every minute of life. 

  

All of the summer staffers at camp decided to sneak out and have a night of fun with golf carts, flashlights, scary basements, graveyards, and so much more that I will never divulge for the wonderful world wide web to read. Let's just say...we were never caught!

 
 

One year later, in 2005, was my graduation from high school. I'm still amazed at how young and small we were! This was a happy time in my life and I was happy to share it with my sweetheart.


 

Summer of 2005 after my 5 week mission trip to Thailand. We spent a few days with my family at my Uncle's cabin. My sister snapped this candid shot where we were supposed to have our serious faces, but of course, I couldn't hold it together!

  

One year later, in 2006, was his high school graduation. He had shaved his head a few months before and his hair was still in the process of growing out. :)

 
 

The Natchitoches Christmas Festival in 2007, just a few months before our engagement.


 

March 17, 2008. The day Chris asked me to marry him! 

 
 

Our wedding day on August 30, 2008. I married the most wonderful man on earth. My prince!

 
 

Honeymooners!

 
 

New Years Eve 2009 at my brother's house. Marriage is a beautiful thing. :)
 

Our first Valentine's Day as a married couple! We spent the weekend in New Orleans and had SO MUCH FUN!

 
 

Summer picnic, 2009. This was just a few months before Chris left for BMT.

  

Celebrating one beautiful year of marriage! August 2009 in Biloxi, MS.

 
 

Saying goodbye for a while. Air Force going away party, September 2009.

 
 

BMT graduation in November 2009. A very, very happy time in life. 

 
 

Christmas Exodus...my love was home for two weeks!!! 

Looking back on the past five and a half years is always exciting, but it's even more exciting to know that we've got the rest of our lives to love and fully live!  

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Header image by Vladstudio