When our depravity meets His divinity, it is a beautiful collision.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I hold it all when I hold you

Sixteen years old, sitting in the passenger seat with the love of my life behind the wheel. Nowhere to be, nothing else on my mind. Being together was all that mattered.

Windows down... freedom, and a song on the radio.

when memories fade
we've got each other
when time and confusion collide
singin' i hold it all when i hold you 


when friends walk other ways
we've got each other
i hold it all when i hold
i hold it all when i hold you


we fell on hard times
this isn't the ideal
we're miles from home
doing the best that we can (best that we can)


i won't do this without you
i won't do this without you
so take heart...
'cause you know that you have mine


and it feels like we could last forever
and i'm not doing to do this alone 

It was our song.


I had no idea that the words would mean even more to me throughout the years.   

I'm not doing this alone and that keeps me going. I love you Chris Hudson. You are the only one for me.








2 comments:

  1. That song is awesome!
    I've never heard of it, but just reading the lyrics; they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the song is by Anberlin off of their CD Never Take Friendship Personal, if you're interested in hearing it. :) Great song!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Header image by Vladstudio