When our depravity meets His divinity, it is a beautiful collision.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Praising God for His blessings

I'm finding it hard to make time to post a new blog every day, but I'm trying my hardest to keep up with it! School keeps me busy and when I'm not in class I'm usually trying to chat with my husband for a while every night.

Last week I was presented with the opportunity to travel to the Dominican Republic with a medical mission team. I don't really know anyone on the team, but I did not hesitate to agree to go! I will be going as a student journalist with the tasks of blogging, writing news articles, taking photographs, and filming. I already have a feeling that this experience will shake my world up a little (or a lot!).

I am beyond thankful for the experiences that God has allowed me to have in my 22 years of life, and this is one more experience that will change me to the core.

I will be on a team of 14 and we will fly into the Dominican Republican and drive to the Haitian border. We will not actually be in Haiti, but in Jimani, a border town. Haitians from Port Au Prince are being allowed to cross the border into the Dominican Republic to receive medical care. The infrastructure of Port Au Prince is devastated and crumbling and this has caused the people to evacuate and seek help elsewhere.



Many of the details of the trip have not been worked out yet. We will have Disaster Relief training next Saturday and we will hopefully learn more of the details as the trip draws nearer.

I'm nervous, but only because I want God to shine through my writing. This will be the biggest journalistic task that I've ever had. I want my writing to be all about what God has done and is doing in my life and in the Haitian people.

At the end of my life, I will be able to look back and praise God for all of the opportunities that he has given me in my life. This experience is sure to be on my list of praises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Header image by Vladstudio